For the last 6 years, Airush has been refining a kite that pleases many kiteboarders and styles. From freeride, jumping and looping to the surf, the 2016 Airush Lithium is the do-all kite that you need in your quiver!
- Swept Wingtips: If you look at the pictures, you'll notice the tips are angled back toward the trailing edge instead of a continuous arc as in previous models. This has allowed the industries best re-launching kite to get out of the water even faster!
- Flatter Wingtips: Flattening the tips gives the kite a more direct feel while steering and more control while de-powered. If you notice on some kites, when you de-power, you also loose all steering. Not having control of your kite is not a good thing in any situation. These wingtips allow for maximum de-power while keeping enough tension in the rear lines to still steer the kite.
- Quality of Materials: Airush uses the best canopy fabric in the industry, Technoforce D2, and have engineered a Dyneema load frame to pair with it, making it the strongest canopy on the market. This combination reduces stretching by up to 30% and makes your kite last much longer. Read more about the load frame below.
- Strut Location: For 2016, the 3 strut layout has changed a little bit. The outer struts have been relocated toward the wingtip.
1. Re-Launch: Who doesn't crash their kite? No hands went up... Without any bar input, the Lithium works it's way to the edge of the window almost on it's own. For 2016 the new wingtip design will only enhance this feature.
2. Safety & De-power: The Lithium's Delta-Hybrid shape allows for maximum de-power in a 4-Line kite. Coupled with the industry standard Brain Pushaway Quick release in the Progression and Core Bar, the Lithium is one of the safest kites on the market which is why we choose to use it in our school and why you should fly one. The V3 Bridle with 3 pulleys allows for a ton of de-power, giving these kites a large wind range.
3. Reduced Weight: Here in NE Florida, we specialize in light wind and primarily ride 12m & 14m kites. For 2016, the 12m, 14m and all new size 17m, Airush has focused on reducing weight to maximize performance on the low end of the wind range. Where some kites might feel heavy in the air and want to fall out, the lithium will stay flying and have a light feel.
4. THE BAG! This may seem like a minor complaint but what a difference it makes. The 2016 bag has an outside bar pocket as well as a pump attachment. There's nothing worse than not being able to fit all your gear in the bag after a session and we're glad Airush has taken the advice to bring back these features.
1. The 2016 kite will fly a little further forward in the window. This will increase it's upwind ability and take SOME bar pressure and grunt out that was felt in the 2015 kite.
2. More wind range in the smaller sizes and better top end. With the improvements in de-power, wingtips and strut layout, the 2016 kites have a higher top end while maintaining the low end of the wind range.
For more in depth information about the Canopy, Bridle, Dyneema Load Frame, Valves, Struts and more follow this link:
$ 299.00 $ 530.00
The most versatile bar on the market, while keeping safety and reliability as top priority. The Smartbar 5 is further refined while remaining packed with adjustments within the bar and lines to customize your riding style to perfection. The first ever bar that has four length adjustments. The Smartbar 5 can be changed from 45-55 or 52-62, with simple and easy changes. This allows the bar to be used from our absolutely smallest kite to the largest kite in the Airush range. In addition, the Smartbar 5 includes the same line length changes as before, with an option of 24, 21, 18, 15, or 10m lines. Which gives every type of rider their choice of lines, whether freerider, freestyle or wave rider. The PU coated de-power line makes sheeting in and out effortless with two minimal diameter tubing’s.
The Airush Bars have safety as first priority. An industry standard Brain Quick release and color-coding on all parts makes the Airush system perfect and hassle free for all riders. Continuing for 2014, the LOW Y on the center–lines allows for a quick, single line flag out for those situations where you need it the most.
Want to learn more about how to adjust your Airush Smartbar 5 from 45 to 62cm? Click Here to download the PDF!
Watch how to change your Smartbar 5 from 45-62cm.
$ 399.00 $ 749.95
The AXIS Vanguard Kiteboard, 2014 is a freestyle machine. This board wants to be pushed to the absolute limits. With its explosive pop, incredible tracking and smooth landings the Vanguard will deliver the utmost performance in all conditions and excels as you do.
The 2014 Axis Vanguard is at the forefront of our design and development created to meet our Global team’s progressive freestyle needs. The board is faster, lighter, more flexible, and is available in a vast array of dimensions. We want you to have the right size so you can blow up son.
The speed of this year’s board comes from its newly designed rocker line. The rocker is more curved through the center and straighter towards the tips. This allows the board to glide over the water with more speed without pushing through it.
Compatible with pads/straps or boots the Vanguard will meet your freestyle demands and then some. The 2014 AXIS Vanguard is also much lighter in weight and more flexible rounding the edges of this high performance ride. The Quad concave tracks the board for better load and explosive pop, the concave gets water moving the right way on landings too, stomp those passes, claim it with a fist pump, neck a beer, be the man…or just quietly stomp the trick, and do another.
$ 863.00 $ 1,079.00
After ten years of refinement, the Switchblade kite from Cabrinha is held as the benchmark for which all crossover/freeride kites must aspire to.
The Switchblade is back again in 2015 setting the standard for the ultimate freeride/crossover kite. This kite is perfect for almost any style rider whether wakestyle, freeride, or kitesurfing. What makes this kite great is the versatility it offers to the rider.
If you are just getting into the sport this is a great kite for you…. This kite relaunches with ease and offers stability to the rider. The switchblade also offers a large wind range which makes it possible to get into the sport with one kite. Once you begin to progress in the sport this kite will continue to perform and help you push your riding to the next level.
Got your backrolls and frontrolls down? This is still the kite for you, the switchblade is an awesome kite to progress with its 5 strut design this kite is very stable in the window. Good wave riding kite for progression, although it is not wave specific kite.
Check out the : 2015 Chaos
Wave Specific Kite: 2015 Drifter
NEW FOR 2015
-Bridle refinements for improved flight stability and agility.
-New strut to leading edge connection.
-New rounded LE end closures ensure a true finish without deformation.
-Extra long 30cm 2-ply on the leading edge bladder ends.
Why Ocean Extreme Loves This Kite
- Direct Kite Steering
- Large Wind Range offered
- Easy Relaunch
- Stability offered from 5 strut design
- “park and ride”
$ 799.00 $ 950.00
Ideal for Touring, Surfing, Fitness, Fishing or just about anything. The Riviera 10'6 model is our most popular board.
These boards are vacuum bagged and feature kevlar rails this year for maximum durability.
10'6" x 32" x 4.5"
Comes with 1 Center Fin and 2 Side Fins
Available in Several Different Colors!
With no pumping and no batteries, RinseKit delivers a pressurized spray for up to three minutes. RinseKit stores the strength of a regular household spigot or sink (with adapter) and can be quickly filled with hot or cold water. RinseKit’s patented design features the eon™ pressure system that holds up to 2 gallons of water with a spray nozzle that offers seven different settings from jet stream to soaking shower. It comes packed with thoughtful features, including: compact design with a 2 gallon pressure chamber, built-in ruler to measure fish, folding handle for one-handed carrying, and easy-to-remove lid to stand on for changing. The RinseKit comes with a Hose Nozzle, 6′ Hose, Hose Bib Adapter, On/Off Valve, and Quick Connect.
CoreVac Cannibal Fat Fish
Thickness: 4 3/8"
The Cannibal Fat Fish was designed by AJ Finnan for riders looking for a shorter board while maintaining stability in the width. The Fat Fish offers a loose feeling board and is great for smaller, mushy waves.
The Insantity Fiberglass is the result of years of research and development with new materials testing strength and durability without sacrificing weight and performance. We think you will be amazed with how light and strong our Insanity paddles are. The impact resistance of the polypropelene fiberglass blade is excellent while still retaining the thin light performace design. The Insanity blade has a powerface dihedral and the PowerARC™ which provides a clean and aggressive catch.
The adjustable shaft uses the LeverLock system with 16 inches of adjustability and provides a graph to match your height to the paddle length.
Ocean Extreme Sports is the premier Kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding store in St. Augustine, Florida. We carry the top brands in kiteboarding such as Airush, Cabrinha, F-One, Ozone, Slingshot, Axis, Crazyfly and more. ...
Our ACA certified SUP instructors will teach you the proper way to paddle during our SUP Saturday lessons or private tour. Take one of our CoreVac Cannibal rental boards to the beach or a suggested local flat water location to try paddleboarding on your own.
Here are some pics from our SUP Surf Clinic this morning. Join us every Sunday in July for FREE SUP surf tips with Ocean Extreme Sports. Free if you have your own board or rent one from us HERE. Check out our selection of CoreVac Cannibal Boards, Riviera Nugg and some CLOSEOUT SPECIALS if you're looking to take your paddling to the next level and enter the waves. Here is our SWELL FORECAST for the next week.